Have a question or want to show off your project? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Best ingredients to make a stronger beer
December 10, 2007, 1:31 am
rate this thread
Re: Best ingredients to make a stronger beer
Yes, yes, and Yes.
Any "sugar" that you add will ferment into alcohol and CO2. Table
sugar, dextrose (corn sugar), etc. are 100% fermentable. Dried Malt
Extract is less than 100% fermentable, but it will work the same as
sugar. You get more "body" with the DME due to the unfermentables that
are also in it. Generally, anything "sweet" is fermentable (juices,
etc.) to varying degrees.
So, pure sugars will give you more alcohol and "thin" out the beer some,
while malt extract will give you more alcohol and give the beer more
- » If you buy online ... where and could you share your experiences???
- — Previous thread in » Home Beer Brewing
- » TN: Heritage blind tasting challenge, good Gazin, plus Falanghina, Puligny, rosato
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » General Wine Forum