Bottling Delay

Have a question or want to show off your project? Post it! No Registration Necessary.  Now with pictures!

Threaded View


I primed my latest batch on Sept.18, for various reasons I won't be able to
bottle until Thursday, Sept. 22.  Am I looking at problems with the delay?



Re: Bottling Delay



Quoted text here. Click to load it
You should re-prime. The difficulty is that in four days only some of your
priming sugar will have fermeted out. If you took a gravity reading before
priming, then you should let it fall back to that point before re-priming
and bottling. To be safe, I would leave the beer at fermentaion temps for at
least a week and then prime as normal.
Steve W.



Site Timeline