Have a question or want to show off your project? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Euey's honey wheat beer recipe
May 8, 2007, 10:42 pm
rate this thread
This one is a favourite with my friends, and I keep getting asked to
make it again. Very simple to do, no mess, no fuss - with a great full
flavoured beer at the end. The ingredients were purchased from Country
Brewer shop in Australia. Hope you enjoy it. Euey.
Primary fermenter sterilised over night
Wal's Wheat 1.7kg
Wheat liquid malt - 1kg Country brewer
Hops - Hersbrucker, 12g - Country brewer (placed in boiling water for
10 minutes then added to primary fermenter)
Pureharvest Organics - Organic Raw Honey, 500g
Fermenter filled to 20L
Initial temperature 28
Initial Specific gravity - 1044
Final Specific gravity - 1010
Primary fermenter covered with black plastic bag.
Average temperature over 7 days - 20C
Racked after 7 days
Bulk primed after additional 4 days
18 litres final volume - Bulk primed with 140 grams of dry brown sugar
(dissolved in 200ml boiling water)
Final alcohol 4.9%
- » What would you like to see in a homebrew social networking site?
- — Previous thread in » Home Beer Brewing
- » TN: Snowy night with lots of Right Bank claret, + 89 L d'Or, Germans, white Bdx, ...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » General Wine Forum