Have a question or want to show off your project? Post it! No Registration Necessary.  Now with pictures!

Threaded View

Does anyone know what sparkeloid is?  It is a recipe for barleywine, and
calls for 2 tsp during the boil.  Never heard of this stuff and can't seem
to find it on any homebrew sites.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Sparkeloid?????????????

Saw this on some newsgroup,
"Sparkeloid(sp?) is a fining agent that helps in the clearing of wine. In
about two weeks the wine's haze should disappear. In the recipe I am using
it said to leave the lees and add 1 campden tablet crushed and 1/2 tsp of
potassium sorbate, to stop the fermentation. Then stir the whole thing up to
degass. THEN add the sparkeloid to the mix, as to the sediment is now
stirred up and the fining agent can attach to the haze.

It just speeds things up abit instead of doing it naturally which can take
up to 6-9months. The speedy approach is commonly used in kit

Didn't say where you can get it.
Good brewing!

Quoted text here. Click to load it

Re: Sparkeloid?????????????

Thanks for the response.

Quoted text here. Click to load it

Site Timeline